How it works:
Registrants are placed in a first come first serve order. Registrants are required to select a preferred city, and primary and secondary tournament date during the registration process. King of the Fairway will make every effort to accommodate a registrant's primary choice for date and location. In the event that a registrant's preferred dates are no longer available, they will be automatically moved to the next available date. Registrants will be notified of any course or schedule changes via email.
Tournament fees include all green fees for players! (See Terms and Conditions for full details.)
Then...let the games begin!
General Rules and Entry Requirements
- King of the Fairway golf tournament competition (or "Championship(s)" or "Tournament(s)") is open to novices and non-professional players ("Amateurs") who meet the requirements outlined in this agreement.
- Tournament is open to men over the age of 18, who are US Citizens or Legal Residents of the United States.
- Entrants must submit initial application form online at www.kingofthefairway.com ("Website") prior to August 16th, 2013.
- Tournament is open to Amateurs only. No professional level players are permitted.
- Certified USGA Amateurs wishing to maintain USGA certified Amateur status may elect to participate and waive eligibility for the prize by notifying King of the Fairway, LLC in writing prior to the start of play.
- Employees, shareholders, board members and family members of the Organizer are ineligible for Tournament participation.
Rules of Play:
All Tournaments will follow conventional 18-hole stroke play rules as defined by the USGA rules of golf and upheld by the hosting golf club. Participants will have to follow established club rules with respect to etiquette, clothing, equipment, transportation and other standard published policies and procedures. Participants who fail to follow participating golf club rules or fail to meet the requirements of this agreement may be disqualified from the tournament and may be ineligible for refunds.
Participants will be provided with golf carts but can elect to decline the use of a cart if so requested, provided they maintain pace of play. Self-provided caddies are allowed, however, participants will have to provide golf carts to caddies at their own expense. Any players requiring special equipment or on course transportation due to a disability as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) must submit a list of requirements to the Organizer management team in writing 30 days prior to the player registration outlining the requirements for consideration. Date of submission shall be the date of receipt by Organizer. King of the Fairway will make all commercially reasonable efforts to support such needs.
By entering the King of the Fairway competition, Participants agree that the Organizer may make any reasonable enquiries to confirm Participant's non-professional status.
Organizer reserves the right to exclude a Participant's score from the King of the Fairway competition until confirmation of score is received.For non-marshaled rounds players will be required to obtain scorecard signatures from other players in the foursome, threesome or twosome that share the same tee time. KOF may assign marshals for certain rounds and will in those cases defer to the marshal decisions in cases of any scoring disputes.
Organizer, at their sole discretion, will determine any matter not covered in the rules.
Ties for Tournaments in rounds 1 and 2 resulting in an ineligible number of players to proceed to the next round will be resolved via a hole by hole sudden death playoff until the required maximum quantity of players is determined.
Ties for the Final affecting the top 3 places will result in a hole-by-hole sudden death playoff.
Prizes as listed for the winner(s) of the tournaments will be provided as outlined in section 9.4 of the Terms and Conditions.
Please see Terms and Conditions